Based in Eveleigh, and reporting to the Head of Art, you will be responsible for the layout and design of the entire range of the department's puzzle books, including cover design. You will also work with the Art team to design layouts and other brand collateral for our market-leading titles including New Idea, Who, and that's life!
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have demonstrated experience in the publishing industry on a weekly title
- Display a high level of proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- WoodWing experience would be desirable
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to work autonomously
- Be able to work collaboratively to produce fresh, exciting pages that reflect our brands
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to meet tight deadlines
- Illustration skills would be a bonus
You may also be required to create social & online video content for the relevant brands, therefore strong working knowledge across the entire Adobe Suite, including Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects is highly desirable.
This is a great opportunity for an innovative designer to use their creative flair and lead the department with product initiatives.
Please send us a CV with five samples of your magazine work.
At Pacific Magazines, our mantra is 'we build the brands people love' and we pride ourselves on being Australia's most innovative publisher across mass women's, men's, lifestyle and youth titles, and associated products in the print and digital spaces.
Pacific Magazines is part of the Seven West Media Group, a market-leading Australian multi-platform media business active in broadcast television, magazine publishing, content generation and e-commerce and a dominant force in all the categories in which we operate. Be part of our journey.