DIGITAL UI/UX DESIGNER
Area:Seven West Media
Work type:Full time
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to apply and generate designs, create well thought out wireframes and mock-ups, and work closely with the digital design and product team, UX Specialist, Program Manager and development team to facilitate the implementation of those design elements on the websites and on mobile devices.
While working as part of our team, you'll be given ample room to try new approaches, and work on everything from prototyping features to making the details pixel-perfect. Ideally you should be a graduate in a design discipline or have good experience in consumer web design, but what we're really looking for is for you to show us your outstanding talent and potential.
- Translate requirements into concepts and elegant user experience design
- Create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
- Develop and maintain design wireframes, mock-ups, and specifications
- Visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to comprehend
- Experience developing consumer and/or commercial web application interfaces
- Ability to generate beautiful, simple and textured designs. An attention to detail with pixel-perfect outcomes.
- To produce interactive design elements for station promotions and ongoing tactics, working in conjunction with the Snr Designer and Content Teams to fulfil each station's promotions and programming strategies
- Create, Design, Construct and Edit elements of the Seven West Media interactive product suite
- Brand research and development for station tactics and client promotions.
- Provide Design & CMS support to Content Producers
- Contribute to Capital Projects where required
- Ensure that each website complies with operational requirements of Seven West Media Ltd and government legislation covering privacy, spam and copyright laws
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Seven Design Team (brand stewards) to ensure the products and design elements are aligned with the network's format, image and branding to appeal to the target audience.
- Attend regular WIP meetings with the Digital Team as scheduled
- Provide feedback and input to further enhance the utilisation of the websites, including attending or running creative brainstorming sessions
- Demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to work with a team.
- Demonstrate creative leadership with web design in accordance with the SWM brand guidelines and maintain the website style guide.
- Maintain a level of awareness of developments in the new media, creative and online entertainment industry.
Qualifications and Experience Expected
- Passion for designing compelling, user experiences.
- Solid intuition of best practices and tools used in user-centred interaction design.
- Strong visual design skills, including an eye for good typography, composition, and use of colour.
- Fluid ability to design using Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator with experience using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in creating various prototype methods and knowledge of best practices.
- Knowledge of App development HTML5 & CSS 3, their capabilities and limitations.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, and communicate progress and expected milestones.
- Online portfolio of inspired, innovative designs.
- 3 - 5+ years of digital media experience working with native mobile applications and responsive websites and proven track record of creating user-focused solutions.
- Come from a design background and with understanding of key UI design and UX principles.
- Experience with native Android and iOS app design is highly preferred.
- Hands on experience creating, conceptualizing and designing user flows, wireframes, information architectures and user interfaces.
- Knowledge and appreciation of user research and visual design applied to the overall user experience and interface.
- Knack for turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences optimized for mobile and tablets.
- A fine-tuned intuition for designs that define great products.
- Ability to collaborate and work across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Ability to prioritise work and perform under a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Prototyping tools like InVision
- Knowledge of designing in Sketch
- Understanding of popular social networks and their technical capabilities.
- Agency background highly regarded
- Have a digital portfolio or Dribbble profile showing off your user experience and visual design work.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend