Area:Seven West Media
Salary (FTE):non EBA
Work type:Full time
The Scrum Master will be a strong agile trained advocate who owns the delivery of select OTT products for SNOL. This role is responsible for working with the Product Owner, Team (consisting of development and test resources), Programme Manager, DevOps and other internal / external teams who are involved in the successful delivery of the product.
The role will encompass championing Agile product delivery, improving the adoption and implementation of processes and engagement within teams and throughout the company to ensure Digital's reputation is that of a core part of the company's strategy. We are looking for an enthusiastic technology diplomat who leads by example.
- Support the Product Owner's effectiveness by helping to maintain the Product Backlog.
- Ensure all stakeholders are aware of the Release Plan and that the plan matches reality based on team velocity. Where there is deviation, manage the risk and action plan to resolve the issue and involve all relevant stakeholders to ensure the best mitigating action is agreed.
- Set up and manage Sprint Planning meetings, Showcase sessions and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Work with the team to estimate work, clearly identifying dependencies and integrations with other teams. Communicate and manage dependencies where required.
- Clearly define and communicate the definition of "done" so that it is clear that when the team has a shippable product/feature.
- Champion and implement best approach for end-to-end testing e.g. automated versus manual, continuous deployment/integration and checks across different environments etc.
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and organisation, coaching the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable for the team and organisation.
- Champion team members to hold each other accountable to high standards and challenge each other to grow.
- Good communication and lead by example; must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Matrix management; coordinate relevant cross functional and technical teams for projects, including new developments, software updates, technical issues and technical support requirements.
- Manage reporting to stakeholders including budget tracking, schedules updates, resourcing assignment, risks and issues register with appropriate escalation processes.
- Continually be growing your craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage the Scrum, the wider project teams and matrix teams.
To be successful for this role, you will have:
- Scrum Master Certification.
- 2+ years playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was applying Scrum principles and practices.
- Good skills and knowledge in leadership, facilitation, conflict resolution, continual improvement.
- 2+ years' experience in a Television or OTT TV product business.
- Solid understanding of digital media, social platforms, IPTV and OTT business models.
- Experience supporting medium-to-large, strategic digital solutions.
- Experience in software product development, delivering on agreed commitments using matrix team management.
- Applicable knowledge of the tools and technologies used by the team e.g. Slack, JIRA, Basecamp, native apps, web technologies etc.
- Excellent communication, mentoring and organisational skills.
- A sound understanding of mobile technologies, web standards, social networks and social marketing.
- Experience with other Agile approaches and different project methodologies e.g. Kanban, Prince2, and Waterfall
- Knowledge and/or experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend