Seven Television is the leading free to air capital city television network in Australia and is part of Seven West Media.
Do you have a talent for capturing images and vision to enhance a story? Do you have a passion for technology, photography and have an interest in News, Sport and Current Affairs?
Seven is launching a developmental opportunity to develop the critical camera operator skills and capability necessary for our next generation of highly skilled Camera Operators to work in our Seven News environment.
To succeed with us, our Trainee Camera Operators have to be motivated, extremely reliable and above all versatile. No day is ever the same!
The benefits of working in this type of role are unlimited. You could be working on location in various settings one day or filming an outside news broadcast, live sporting event or following a high profile legal battle at the courts the next.
The demands of news gathering means Camera Operators can be required to work in a variety of conditions to get the job done. Trainee Camera Operators work a standard 45 hour week with the opportunity for regular and consistent overtime.
Still interested? If you think you have the aptitude to succeed with us then read on!
Who Should Apply?
- Graduates who have a Degree, Advanced Diploma, Certificate IV or equivalent in Screen and Media.
- We would love to hear from you if you understand and have an avid interest in modern News gathering, especially the technical aspects involved such as camera work, editing, transferring files and vision remotely and a thirst for new technology.
- Great teamwork is essential for our thriving and deadline driven News and Camera department. We need candidates to be excellent communicators with positive and professional attitudes and who can remain composed when the pressure is on.
- Candidates with practical experience of 1-2 years will be preferred.
- An unrestricted driver's licence is essential and you will be expected to have a psychological and physical fitness and capacity assessment.
How To Apply?
To apply for this position, please follow the link below:
Select the Trainee Camera Operator role on the job listings menu and complete the application process as outlined in the Seven job advert including a video presentation.
Be prepared to show off! You are required to submit a 1-2 minute video presentation outlining why you want to work for Seven and why you are the best candidate to be a Seven Trainee Camera Operator.
Be inventive! We want to see your production skills, including your editing talents and your knack with using other technical packages.
*Please note, only fully completed applications that include a video and a resume will be considered.*
Applications close Sunday, 26 March 2017.