Legal Counsel - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Area:Seven West Media
Work type:Fixed term contract
This role includes legal responsibility across content acquisition, digital rights management (DRM), digital and OTT platform technologies, marketing technologies and data management platforms (DMP). The position's most critical duties and responsibilities include content and digital video rights licencing and acquisition, as well as comprehensive understanding of the digital media and marketing ecosystem, due to the core objective of driving commercial growth via awareness, advertising, subscription and transaction.
Working with the direct and in-direct reports as specified above, to plan, develop and implement processes and systems that enhance the new digital products operational efficiency of the commercial arm of the business and its related activities, in alignment with the overall business strategy.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for Seven's new digital products, such contracts including program acquisition deals, channel partner agreements (with parties such as telcos and CE manufacturers), technology vendor agreements (with parties such as CRM, Transaction/Billing platforms, cloud based marketing platforms etc).
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on marketing materials and consumer terms.
- Providing advice in relation to IPR, copyright, DRM, trademarks, rights, privacy, confidentiality, advertising, broadcast and digital OTT compliance.
- Protecting Seven Network's content and brands from online piracy and the infringement of its intellectual property rights including identifying sources of online infringements, implementing and maintaining automatic digital content protection mechanisms to stop the unauthorised use of content, for example via YouTube Content ID.
- Driving the implementation of security mechanisms to prevent online users from accessing and distributing content illegally.
- Providing legal support with respect to the establishment and promotion of digital products and services across our suite of Sports rights.
- Providing legal assistance in evaluating, selecting and managing external vendors that contribute to all commercial operations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience working in house within a digital, VOD, TV, entertainment business
- Knowledge of and demonstrated thought leadership related to current and next generation digital best practices.
- Ability to flourish in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to create and execute innovative and results-focused commercial negotiations
- Ability to "get stuff done;" execute quickly and with high-quality precision in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A confident team player who has the ability to negotiate, multi-task and influence others.
- Knowledge of digital ecosystem, tools and vendors
- Experience with Digital marketing platforms, digital lead management software and data lead audience segmentation and automation tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence others without formal authority
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend