Senior Front End Engineer
Salary (FTE):non EBA
Work type:Full time
Our agile delivery team is a cross functional unit creating great products across Pacific Magazines’ portfolio of high profile brands. We emphasise quality, collaboration, knowledge sharing and continuous improvement. We pride ourselves on our strong engineering culture.
As the Senior Front-end Engineer, you’ll be a key member of this team of talented engineers. You’ll bring with you a wealth of experience across a broad range of industries and technology stacks. Your ideas and problem solving abilities will be paramount to the continued success of our team and products.
Based in Eveleigh and reporting to Director of Digital Development, you will be responsible for:
- Maintain, challenge and continue to introduce effective and efficient standards and procedures, including but not limited to technology, usability, online community protocols, W3C standards, web publishing etc.
- Ensure all solutions adhere to industry best practices and are of the highest quality
- Contribute and identify cross-platform technology solutions to accommodate web, mobile
- Communicate clearly, contribute to culture of open and proactive communication
- Developing, testing, and maintaining new and existing websites and applications in support of achieving our business requirements
- Apply the appropriate coding techniques/practices to a problem given the constraints of time, scope, requirements and budget
The person we are looking for will:
- Excellent cutting-edge HTML5 and CSS3 standards
- Knowledge and exposure to leading cloud based platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Use of GIT/SVN/TFS (or any other source control systems)
- Have basic understanding of performance optimization
- Knowledge of SCSS/LESS
- Exposure to responsive CSS frameworks (Foundation, bootstrap, semantic)
- Continuous integration (with build pipeline, testing)
If you’re ready for the opportunity to work in a fun, fast, creative environment in one of the country’s most progressive organisations, with the scope to take your career to the next level and beyond, please apply now via the link below:
Applications close 26th April 2017.
At Pacific Magazines, our mantra is ‘we build the brands people love’ and we pride ourselves on being Australia’s most innovative publisher across mass women’s, men’s, lifestyle and youth titles, and associated products in the print and digital spaces.
Pacific Magazines is part of the Seven West Media Group, a market-leading Australian multi-platform media business active in broadcast television, magazine publishing, content generation and e-commerce and a dominant force in all the categories in which we operate. Be part of our journey.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend