Seven Television is the leading free to air television network in Australia and is part of Seven West Media.
Seven West Media is the leading, listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia comprising Seven Television; Pacific Magazines, the country's second largest magazine group by readership; Yahoo!7 one of the nation's most successful internet platforms, as well as Western Australia's leading newspaper, The West Australian and associated WA regional newspapers and radio stations.
If you're innovative, full of ideas and up for a challenge, come work with Queensland's best news team! 7 News is looking for someone who's passionate about news and digital to join our creative, growing Social Media Department.
Social Media Producers working for 7 News in Queensland produce content to grow and engage television audiences for our nine metro and regional newsrooms. You will be responsible for creating and organising content for a number of accounts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You will cover local news for Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Wide Bay, Central Queensland, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns. You will also assist with the social media coverage for news stories across Australia and the world. You must work well under pressure and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- attention to detail;
- a strong knowledge of news and media;
- a strong knowledge of and proficiency with social media platforms and metrics;
- proficiency with video and photo production tools;
- a strong initiative and willingness to approach work with a sense of urgency;
- an ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- a passion for social media, including latest social media developments, online behaviours and trends.
To apply for this position, click on the link below. Please answer the below questions in your application, (maximum 150 words per question):
- How would you promote exclusive 7 News content on social media?
- How would you use 7 News social media platforms in a breaking news situation?
Applications close 27 April 2017.