WHO, Australia's highest-selling celebrity weekly magazine is looking for a passionate and driven Entertainment & Features Editor to join the Sydney team.
Based in Eveleigh and reporting to the Editor, you will be responsible for:
- Pitching celebrity-based feature and news stories for the printed magazine as well as relevant social media and digital platforms
- Pursuing and securing exclusive features and news content
- Contributing to the title's reviews and listing section
- Providing original content across print, social and digital platforms
- Reporting from the red carpet and attending premieres and events
- Commissioning work from and developing relationships with freelance reporters and writers
The person we are looking for will have:
- Extensive knowledge of Australian and international television, music and film industries
- Demonstrated experience writing long-form features for magazines, newspapers or online
- Strong interviewing writing and editing skills, strong news sense and a dedication to factual reporting
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A passion for popular culture and celebrity
- Established contacts within the local entertainment industry
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- The ability to travel for stories, sometimes at short notice, and be flexible with work hours
This is an opportunity to become a part of one of Australia's most trusted and respected magazine and publishing brands. If you fit the above criteria, please apply now via the link below (and attach samples of your published work to your application where possible):
Applications close Wednesday, 3 May 2017.
At Pacific Magazines, our mantra is 'we build the brands people love' and we pride ourselves on being Australia's most innovative publisher across mass women's, men's, lifestyle and youth titles, and associated products in the print and digital spaces.
Pacific Magazines is part of the Seven West Media Group, a market-leading Australian multi-platform media business active in broadcast television, magazine publishing, content generation and e-commerce and a dominant force in all the categories in which we operate. Be part of our journey.