DATA SOLUTIONS DESIGNER
Area:Seven West Media
Salary (FTE):non EBA
Work type:Full time
Working with the Head of Data Architecture, this role will be responsible to deliver core business objectives and implement end-to-end data centric solutions to address business requirements from the various stakeholders.
The specific responsibility concentrates on the evolution and optimization of the existing SWM Data solution as well as the integration of new solutions and supporting the development, quality assurance and operations during the rollout phases of the solutions.
The position's most critical duties and responsibilities include;
- Assessment of business functional and non-functional requirements and translation into technical solutions.
- Aligned with the High level Solution Architecture, design the detailed solution design and creation of technical documentation (High Level Design, Interface specs, Detailed design, Data flow diagrams, mapping documentation)
- Participate in the full lifecycle of projects and will involve implementing the SWM Data Model, impact assessment, integrating internal and external data sources and making the data available for analytics and Business Intelligence reporting.
- Enable the analytics team by designing and building solutions and provide support in productionizing / automation of analytical models and data insights
- Work with the Architects to define design standards and drive continuous improvement of the solutions by finding innovative ways to ensure data quality and increase efficiencies.
- Define and maintain overall quality of the code base framework.
- Work effectively with data developers for successful delivery of projects. Perform code review and test solution outputs to ensure the build is as per the solution defined
- Coordinate deployment and release planning activities
Core skills required:
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience designing and building data solutions using Core RDBMS technology such as Teradata, Oracle, etc and Big Data technologies such as Hadoop.
- Extensive experience in ETL development and design. Should be technology agnostic and able to pick up a new toolset relatively quickly but expert-level proficiency in at least one– ELT tool - preferably Talend or Informatica.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or other technical discipline is essential
- Knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures - their benefits and limitations under particular use cases
- Strong requirement analysis and communication skills and ability to act as technical point of contact interacting with Data developers, vendors, internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in working within a Solution Delivery Life Cycle framework.
- Familiar with version control systems like Git
Nice To Have
- Experience with AWS S3 and EC2 computing environment is a plus
- Experience in agile development and continuous delivery processes.
- Media experience highly desirable
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend