Pacific Magazines, one of Australia's leading magazine publishers, is seeking a Service Desk Analyst to provide 1st level support by phone and remote control software. This entry level position is ideal for a positive outgoing individual starting their career in the IT industry who has the desire to work in a busy media company, part of the Seven West Media group. On the job training will be provided.
A basic IT degree or TAFE level training is desirable and customer service experience essential.
Main responsibilities include:
· Providing friendly, positive customer service over the phone and face to face.
· Providing 1st level user customer support – answering phone calls from users for Windows and Mac OS, printing and basic computer issues.
· Entering all user queries into the Pacific Magazines case management software, managing phone-, email- and web-based user requests.
· Ascertaining the "real " urgency and impact of issues reported to the IT Service Desk and assigning this appropriately using the case management software
· Providing 1st level support for phone systems (training will be provided)
· Maintaining an awareness of the status of all cases open in the IT department
Desirable knowledge and experience:
· Windows, Mac OS, Android and iOS
· Computer certifications e.g. Apple Certification, MCP, ITIL
· Desktop publishing software e.g. Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop
· Experience in a customer service position highly regarded
· Previous support experience a plus
You will be highly enthusiastic, self-motivated and team-focused. Excellent client service and interpersonal skills including strong oral and written communication skills are essential and a demonstrated ability to work under pressure. You will be highly organised and proactive with outstanding problem solving ability and attention to detail. You will have the ability to listen to users, gather required information to enable the IT team to provide support. You will need to have a flexible approach to shift work and may be required to perform after hours on-call support.
Applications close 16th February 2018.