Pacific Magazines is transforming from a magazines company to a content powerhouse. We have gone from publishing in months with print, to publishing in moments across print, social, digital, apps and events.
that's life!, Australia's number one real life brand and third largest weekly magazine, is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic deputy features editor to work alongside its features editor running the magazine's dynamic writing team.
As the deputy features editor, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Generating original and creative story ideas based on domestic/international news, issues and events.
- Producing concise and emotive copy which is in tune with the magazine's unique style.
- Developing and maintaining a network of contacts and freelancers who can deliver great story lead.
To be successful at this role, you will need to:
- Have a solid background as a writer and editor of real life stories or news and you will ideally have some commissioning experience, as well as experience with online content.
- Be highly organised and be able to effortlessly edit a piece of copy into a sparkling feature.
- Be able to command the respect of a team as well as to provide all-important back up for the features editor.
- Have a high attention to detail, a high degree of accuracy and an excellent knowledge of media law are all prerequisites.
Based in Sydney, you'll be an integral member of the that's life! team, working on this market leading brand and will suit someone who likes to have fun in fast paced work environment. If you are ready for the opportunity to work in a fun, fast paced multiplatform media environment apply now via the link below.
Visit Seven West Media’s corporate website: http://sevenwestmedia.com.au/careers to apply online.
Applications close Friday 27th April 2018 - but don't hesitate, we'll be reviewing applications as they come in!
Pacific Magazines is part of the Seven West Media Group, a market-leading Australian multi-platform media business active in broadcast television, magazine publishing, content generation and e-commerce and a dominant force in all the categories in which we operate. Be part of our journey.