Pacific Magazines is transforming from a magazines company to a content powerhouse. We have gone from publishing in months with print, to publishing in moments across print, social, digital, apps and events.
that's life!, Australia's number one real life brand and third largest weekly magazine, is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Deputy Art Director to work alongside the Editor and Deputy Editor running the magazine's dynamic writing team.
As the Deputy Art Director, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Creating layouts/templates/PDFs and other design files for that’s life! (both pages and digital assets) to a high standard in an efficient and on-brand manner.
- Designing pages with consistency, clarity, readability and visual interest in mind.
- Fully understand the key message and desired emphasis of each layout before commencing design, liaising with the senior editors and picture desk where necessary, and ensuring there is no repetition with layouts in each particular issue.
- Work closely with the Art Director to implement design changes and updates across all print/digital/social templates.
- Designing cover wraps and one-shots, as directed, in collaboration with the Art Director and senior editorial team.
To be successful at this role, you will need to:
- Strong visual and design sense and solid design experience.
- An understanding of print production processes.
- Macintosh software skills including but not limited to Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign,
- Strong interest and knowledge of typography.
Based in Sydney, you'll be an integral member of the that's life! team, working on this market leading brand and will suit someone who likes to have fun in fast paced work environment. If you are ready for the opportunity to work in a fun, fast paced multiplatform media environment apply now via the link below.
Visit Seven West Media’s corporate website: http://sevenwestmedia.com.au/careers to apply online.
Applications close Friday 27th April 2018 - but don't hesitate, we'll be reviewing applications as they come in!
Pacific Magazines is part of the Seven West Media Group, a market-leading Australian multi-platform media business active in broadcast television, magazine publishing, content generation and e-commerce and a dominant force in all the categories in which we operate. Be part of our journey.