Seven West Media is the leading, listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia comprising Seven Television; Pacific Magazines, the country's second largest magazine group by readership; as well as Western Australia's leading newspaper, The West Australian and associated WA regional newspapers and radio stations.
We build on the latest technologies and use the latest methodologies such as scrum, atomic design, automation not configuration, continuous integration and deployment.
The team is equipped with specialists in different fields that together deliver on projects that are sometimes seen as impossible. We work across all departments – building internal and external projects. We do not believe in juniors, medium, senior developers – we believe that everyone in the team has a responsibility to work together and mentor each other to achieve our goals.
Based in our Sydney office, you will be responsible for developing, testing and maintaining the new 7plus web applications with potential to branch off to TV platforms/smart TV's applications.
Flexible working hours and working from home are offered (subject to scrum team’s goals).
Key Responsibilities Include
- Contributing to cross-platform technology solutions to accommodate web, mobile and potentially home entertainment.
- Maintaining, challenging and continuing to introduce effective and efficient standards and procedures, including but not limited to technology, usability, online community protocols, W3C standards, web publishing etc.
- Being decisive and remaining calm under pressure to deliver quality solutions.
- Apply the appropriate coding techniques/practices to a problem given the constraints of time, scope, requirements and budget.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated React/Redux applications in Production environments
- Demonstrated NodeJS solutions in Production environments
- Champion a Testing option, such a Jest
- Passion for Technology and Delivery
- Work with Design and Product teams to suggest options that work well with Technology
- Work in agile/scrum team
- Effective communication and team work skills
Nice to have:
- Demonstrated ReactNative solutions in Production environments
- 12 months Lead experience
- Interest in React innovation such as styled-components
- SPA architecture experience
- Community and Open Source engagement
- Amazon AWS products
- CI/CD advocate
- DevOPs experience
If you believe that you have what it takes and you strongly believe in “work hard, play hard” attitude – we want to hear from you!"