Pacific Magazines’ Advertising Creative Studio is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic junior designer with a true passion for advertising design, photography and video content to join the team. The studio is a creative resource to the commercial team, working across an extensive portfolio of magazine and digital brands, including: Better Homes and Gardens, marie claire, New Idea, WHO, Men’s Health, InStyle and more.
With a flair for all things typographic, you will also possess excellent communication, organisational and production skills. You should also tick these boxes: working efficiently and autonomously, be eager to learn, as well as being resourceful, responsible and a creative problem-solver.
Reporting to the Studio Creative Director, you will have 1-2 years of relevant experience in publishing or a design agency.
Your skill set and tasks include:
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe CC: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of the print production process including re-touching and experience with After Effects, Premier Pro and PowerPoint would be highly regarded.
- Tertiary training in graphic design
- Work on magazine projects, but also trade material and presentations
- Skills in branding, social media, html, and motion graphics would also be an advantage.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work fast under pressure and maintain a calm attitude under tight deadlines
- Ability to take, interpret and deliver to a brief
- Extremely organised – both with Creative Studio and pre-press tasks
- Willingness to take direction and assist in day-to-day running of Creative Studio including various administrative tasks such as filing and scanning
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and collaborative environment where you will work to create engaging commercial executions and valuable content, both in print and online. This role is based in Eveleigh at Media City, the home of Pacific Magazines and the Seven Network and is part of Seven West Media.
Candidates must provide a portfolio in order to be considered.