Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise Channel Seven, the leading free to air capital city television network; Pacific Magazines, the country's second largest magazine group by readership, Western Australia's leading newspapers The West Australian, The Sunday Times and associated WA regional newspapers and Redwave Media radio stations.
West Australian Newspapers has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Distribution Area manager to join the Circulation team.
Based in our Osborne Park office and reporting to the Circulations Operations Manager on working with our primary and secondary distribution networks to optimise the distribution and sales of the company’s newspapers, magazines, books and promotional products throughout WA.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
Managing our network of 100+ independent contractors (distributors) throughout WA
• Developing and implementing sales programs with distributors to increase retail and subscription sales of all company publications and products
• Providing a high level of customer service to client networks
• Ensure distributors are complying with trading terms and relevant health, safety & environment requirements
• Implement continuous improvement programs to drive efficiencies throughout our distribution system
• Seek out new revenue opportunities to further grow the profitability of our expansive Network
• Be on call to deal with any production or distribution issues
To be successful in this position, you will have:
• Demonstrated experience working as a sales representative in a logistics environment (preferable)
• Ability to manage client feedback and complaints and quickly resolve issues
• Outstanding communication and customer service skills with the capacity to develop strong relationships
• Be a strong team player, be highly motivated and a self-starter
• Physically fit and able to lift up to 16kg
• Have proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Possess a current driver’s license
An attractive remuneration package and access to great benefits, including on site gym is available for the right candidate. If this is you, please apply by submitting your written application including a covering letter outlining why you are expressing interest in the position and what you can bring to the role and a resume detailing your qualifications and experience.
Please submit a comprehensive CV and Cover Letter addressing the above criteria.
Applications close 5pm, 8 June 2018.
For queries about your application please contact Human Resources on (08) 9482 3162.
Apply now via the link below.