Pacific Magazines, one of Australia's most innovative audience companies, is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Marketing Manager to join its fast-paced team working across two of Australia’s leading magazine titles, New Idea & WHO. This is a fantastic opportunity for a results driven individual who has the ability to think both strategically and creatively in a hands-on environment.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of marketing initiatives to maximise sales and strengthen brand equity and profitability. You will contribute to the brand’s management team to ensure growth of budgeted KPI’s - including circulation/readership, online traffic, social media audiences, advertising revenue, project revenue, new business/revenue development opportunities, campaign deliverables and overall profit targets.
Key responsibilities and functions:
- Initiate, drive and implement new ideas across the full marketing mix to drive circulation / readership, online traffic, advertising and incremental revenue.
- Develop and implement a detailed retail strategy liaising with the Circulation Manager to ensure copy sales are maximised including developing creative retail promotions.
- Participate in the research, development and implementation of brand extensions (one shots, licencing, events, etc.), which build core brand values and are independently and financially viable.
- Manage the marketing budget (across all facets of the brand including magazine, digital and events); accurately forecasting and reporting on actual spend.
- Manage, produce and oversee the production of marketing materials and collateral.
- Creation and management of client sponsored campaigns, working with the advertising implementation team to meet client and brand objectives.
- Manage the post analysis process for brand campaigns (both internal reporting, client report and competitor analysis).
Who are you?
- Marketing and/or business degree with at least 4 years’ experience in a marketing role
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret and maximise the use of sophisticated market research data
- Excellent customer service skills, for communication with external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
If you’re ready for the opportunity to work in a fun, fast, creative environment in one of the country’s most progressive organisations, with the scope to take your career to the next level and beyond, please apply now.
Applications close 10 June 2018.
At Pacific Magazines, our mantra is ‘we build the brands people love’ and we pride ourselves on being Australia’s most innovative publisher across mass women’s, men’s, lifestyle and youth titles, and associated products in the print and digital spaces.
Pacific Magazines is part of Seven West Media, a market-leading Australian multi-platform media business active in broadcast television, magazine publishing, content generation and e-commerce and a dominant force in all the categories in which we operate. Be part of our journey.