Seven West Media is the leading, listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia comprising Seven Television; Pacific Magazines, the country’s second largest magazine group by readership; and Western Australia’s leading newspaper, The West Australian and associated WA regional newspapers and radio stations.
An opportunity has arisen within the group for a Internal Audit and Risk Assurance Manager, based in Sydney. The role is primarily responsible for the management of internal audit activity within the Internal Audit and Risk Assurance department at Seven West Media. The Manager also assists the Head of Internal Audit and Risk Assurance to evaluate key risks and determine whether policies, processes and controls are adequately designed and effectively implemented to mitigate such risks.
- Assist in the development of the strategic internal audit plan, working closely with the Head of Internal Audit and Risk Assurance to target high risk areas and promote engagement with the Internal Audit and Risk Assurance function.
- Planning and execution of internal audits and risk reviews in accordance with the annual internal audit plan.
- Assess and advise management on the integrity and reliability of systems, processes and controls across the organisation.
- Monitor and review programs to mitigate the organisation’s exposure to strategic, legal and regulatory, financial and operational risks.
- Provide value-adding advice that contributes to an enhanced control environment, improved synergies and cost reduction across the organisation.
- Conduct investigations into alleged incidents of fraud, theft and other illegal or unethical conduct.
- At the request of the Head of Internal Audit and Risk Assurance perform special reviews and projects.
- Effective management of team members to ensure the efficient completion of fieldwork and timely delivery of reporting for internal audit and risk reviews.
- On-the-job coaching, guidance and direction for team members in better practice internal audit and risk management practices and methodologies.
The individual is a team player who is able to partner with the business in a constructive way to improve business operations and enhance the internal control environment.