Channel Seven is the leading free to air capital city television network in Australia and is part of Seven West Media.
Seven West Media is the leading, listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia comprising Seven Television, Pacific Magazines, as well as The West Australian and associated WA regional newspapers and radio stations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Sydney Publicity team for a Publicist to join us and become an integral part of the team and setting our programs up for success. Reporting to the National Publicity Manager, the role will suit a highly motivated person with a passion for television and media, attention to detail, strong writing skills and demonstrated experience in publicity.
You will work collaboratively with Seven presenters, cast members, management and external media to communicate Seven's programming to the public in diverse areas such as entertainment, drama, news and public affairs and sport.
As part of our Publicity team, you will be responsible for:
- Artists / cast / contestant management and media briefings.
- Scheduling and facilitating media requests, interviews and set visits.
- Developing and creating external communications in collaboration with Seven Producers and Managers about our programming.
- Execute communication briefs including developing a suite of materials appropriate for various communication platforms.
- Management of unit photography and photography budget.
- Issues management.
- Creation of reports and schedules on all press activity.
- Attending and managing shoots, launches and media events.
- Establishment and maintenance of professional working relationships with internal and external parties.
Candidates considered for the role will possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Journalist or Publicist.
- Demonstrated knowledge of TV production.
- Well-maintained journalist contacts and established relationships across all media.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate across all levels of the business.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet demanding timeframes.
- A thorough knowledge and awareness of the operation of social media.
- High level of aptitude and understanding of IT and design software packages.
Applications close Friday, 26 October 2018.