Senior Features Writer – that’s life!
Pacific Magazines has an exciting opportunity for a talented, creative and dedicated full-time Senior Features Writer to join that's life! – Australia's best-selling real-life brand.
Based at Media City in Eveleigh and reporting to the Features Editor, this position requires accomplished writing skills, top-notch chasing abilities and a keen desire to work across both print and digital platforms.
The successful candidate will already have a solid background as a writer at a real-life magazine. They will be passionate about bringing features to life and have the drive to get things done in the fast-paced environment of a busy weekly title.
The writer will be responsible for sourcing, writing and publishing breaking news for our website, so digital experience will be well-regarded. You must be highly organised and proactive at problem-solving, with the ability to see an idea through from conception to fruition.
You will be naturally competitive and relish the challenge of securing and writing Australia's best real-life content.
For this role you will need:
- demonstrated four years’ experience as a features writer or senior features writer at a newspaper or magazine, including writing for a real-life mag
- an ability to identify great story leads from newspapers, social media and other sources and secure exclusive interviews with great coverline potential
- a talent for generating original and creative story ideas that will work in print and online
- a good knowledge of current affairs and news
- the skills necessary to develop and maintain a network of contacts who can deliver great story leads
- high attention to detail and the ability to self-edit your own work
- be able to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- experience in editing stories is highly desirable
Duties and tasks in the role of Senior Writer for that’s life! include:
- Searching newspapers, news website, social media and other avenues to find gripping real-life Aussie and overseas stories.
- Finding and contacting case studies and signing up their story exclusively for that’s life! magazine.
- Interviewing case studies and writing their story in a first-person style.
- Finding and writing content for www.thatslife.com.au and uploading it using the CMS.
- Gaining experience in editing to be able to assist the management team is editing freelance copy.
The total remuneration package for this role is between $60,000 and $70,000, depending on experience.
Pacific Magazines is part of the Seven West Media Group, a market-leading Australian multi-platform media business active in broadcast television, magazine publishing, content generation and e-commerce and a dominant force in all the categories in which we operate. Be part of our journey.
Applications close 21 December 2018.