Seven West Media are looking for a passionate and experienced technical lead to join our Product & Technology team. Our flagship product 7plus has reached some amazing goals in just one year since the release of our MVP. It currently runs on 12 different platforms which makes things challenging but also very interesting! We are now in the process of building for the largest sporting event of 2020 in Australia – Tokyo 2020 Olympics!
We build on the latest technologies and use methodologies such as Scrum, atomic design, automation not configuration, continuous integration and deployment.
The team is equipped with specialists in different fields that together deliver on projects that are sometimes seen as impossible. We do not believe in junior, mid-level, senior developers – we believe that everyone in the team has a responsibility to work together and mentor each other to achieve our goals.
Based in our Sydney office, you will be responsible for leading the development of selected platforms while working with an architect and other tech leads. Flexible working hours and working from home are offered (subject to Scrum team’s goals).
- Working with Product Manager to help convert their requirements to technical tasks.
- Communicate with our suppliers and partners efficiently.
- Ensuring the tasks are achieved to their technical requirements.
- Ensuring that external Team Produce High Quality Performant code at a reasonable speed.
- Working with Delivery to ensure the best procedures are followed (scrum/agile).
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing on development procedures, best practices of building products in efficient and maintainable manner
- Ensuring that the above procedures & best practices are implemented and adhered to (programming, admin and agile/scrum procedures).
- Writing technical documentation & reports.
- Maintaining, challenging and continuing to introduce effective and efficient standards and procedures, including but not limited to technology, usability, online community protocols, API standards etc.
- Research and develop proofs of concept for various business ideas to test theories and ideas.
- Liaise with business stakeholders and business analyst to come up with best solution to business requirements
- Support other developers where-ever possible by sharing your knowledge and experience.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Understand the impacts and implications of different solutions.
- Be able to help choose the best solution for the given situation (include deadlines).
- Be decisive when faced with hard decisions, as well as remaining calm under pressure and instil confidence in your colleagues, team and clients that you will deliver a quality solution.
- Be a CI/CD advocate
- Understand Git concepts as well as basic development workflow (pull requests, git flow etc.)
- Demonstrate TDD skills
Applications close 31 March 2019.
Please apply via the link provided.