Software Developer - Back End
Job no: 973648
Work type: Full time
Seven West Media are looking for a passionate and experienced software engineer to join our Product & Technology team. Our flagship product 7plus has reached some amazing goals in just one year since the release of our MVP. It currently runs on 12 different platforms which makes things challenging but also very interesting! We are now in the process of building for the largest sporting event of 2020 in Australia – Tokyo 2020 Olympics!
We build on the latest technologies and use methodologies such as Scrum, atomic design, automation not configuration, continuous integration and deployment.
The team is equipped with specialists in different fields that together deliver on projects that are sometimes seen as impossible. We do not believe in junior, mid-level, senior developers – we believe that everyone in the team has a responsibility to work together and mentor each other to achieve our goals.
Based in our Sydney office, you will be responsible for developing, testing and maintaining the new and existing products. Flexible working hours and working from home are offered (subject to Scrum team’s goals).
To be successful in this role you need:
- Real world experience in the design and implementation of micro services using dotnet core.
- Very good understanding of API standardization solutions such as Swagger/ Open Api.
- Attention to detail with a very good understanding of defensive programming.
- Very good understanding of TDD and code coverage.
- Understanding of infrastructure to achieve desired resilience, stability and performance. (AWS preferable)
- Passion for Technology and Delivery
- Experience in writing micro services in dotnet core.
- Work in agile/scrum team
- Strong communication and team work skills.
- Understand Git concepts as well as basic development workflow (pull requests, git flow etc.)
Nice to have:
- Understanding of docker containers and deployment pipelines.
- Experience in working with logging and analytics platforms such as Sumo Logic/Kibana.
- Community and Open Source engagement
- Amazon AWS products
- CI/CD advocate
- Experience with serverless/lambda/functions
- DevOps experience
- Umbraco knowledge – commercial or private experience.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au