Pacific Magazines has a fantastic opportunity for a creative, hard-working, experienced Picture Researcher to join Australia's No 1 real life magazine - that's life!
Based in Eveleigh, New South Wales, and reporting to the Editor, you will be primarily responsible for sourcing the best images to accompany the varied content in that's life!.
As Picture Researcher, you will be responsible for:
- Sourcing images from international and local agencies, photographer, PRs, TV networks and readers who contribute to the publications
- Working with story subjects via phone, text and email to ensure they contribute the best quality pics to accompany their personal stories
- Conducting thorough, in-depth picture searches that accurately reflect the expectations of the brand and ensure there are other options available, if/when changes are required
- Inputting purchase order numbers and invoices into the invoice system
- Providing clear photographic briefs when commissioning photography
- Contributing to the brands' digital and social platforms, including image-based posts, and other posts as required
- Helping generate story ideas for the magazines and digital/social platforms
- Building and maintaining collaborative working relationships with photographers, agencies and readers to source photographic material
- Administrative duties as needed
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in sourcing, researching, purchasing and editing photographs
- Experience dealing with the public, eg in a previous customer service role
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Working knowledge of electronic picture systems and Mac based use of Photoshop.
- Basic understanding or experience in dealing with international and national photo agencies, freelance photographers and news services
- Proven negotiating skills with the ability to assess true market value of all visual material
- An understanding of the legalities and guidelines around posting on social and digital platforms, particularly from a copyright/image perspective
- Ability to work individually with minimal supervision as well as be an easy and accomplished team player
If you're ready for the opportunity to work in a fun, fast, creative environment on the country's most successful real life brands, with the scope to take your career to the next level and beyond, please apply now via the link below:
At Pacific Magazines our mantra is 'we build the brands people love' and we pride ourselves on being Australia's most innovative publisher across mass women's, men’s, lifestyle and youth titles, and associated products in the print and digital spaces.
Pacific Magazines is part of the Seven West Media Group, a market-leading Australian multi-platform media business active in broadcast television, magazine publishing, content generation and e-commerce and a dominant force in all the categories in which we operate. Be part of our journey.