Junior Analyst (Digital)
Job no: 973687
Work type: Full time
Reporting to the Analytics & Growth Manager, you will assist in compiling reports and responding to requests for data on SWM’s digital products, competitors, handling data sources including Nielsen, OzTAM and Google Analytics.
The role focusses on Seven Digital products but from time to time will be required to work with other departments to work with figures on broadcast television, Seven West Media WA news publications and Pacific Magazines titles among other sources.
Interfacing frequently with members from the Product & Technology department, as well as with members from other departments, the role is a natural communicator with an ability to ease tensions under pressure.
- Responsible for setting up and circulating daily, weekly and monthly data reports, ensuring accuracy in the data reported.
- Set up internal digital benchmarking and comparisons against competitors in the industry.
- Assist in the creation of data dashboards that make key KPIs more accessible to non-experts in the data.
- Maintain good relationships with insights teams across the network to source and troubleshoot data, often under pressure at short notice.
- Support data-driven marketing campaigns from discovery through to the performance measurement stages.
- Produce actionable insights from data to inform decision-making in business functions including marketing, content and product.
- Support knowledge-sharing initiatives within the department.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfort with PowerPoint or other presentation tools
- Comfort with Excel with an aptitude to maintain focus for hours at a time in spread sheets.
- An eye for effective visual communication
- A passion for insight and the ability to generate interest in the stories behind data.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning/self-growth.
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Understanding of web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS).
- Understanding of statistical concepts, particularly around forecasting and hypothesis testing.
- Experience with programming in any language.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other digital analytics platforms.
- Experience with data visualisation concepts and tools such as Google Data Studio and Tableau.
- Knowledge of the digital broadcasting industry and the roles of OzTam and Nielsen in it.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au