Seven Television is the leading free to air capital city television network in Australia and is part of Seven West Media.
Seven West Media is the leading, listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia comprising Seven Television; Pacific Magazines, the country's second largest magazine group by readership; as well as Western Australia's leading newspaper, The West Australian and associated WA regional newspapers and radio stations.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Lawyer, with experience in media to join our team. This role is based at our newly renovated office’s in the Australian Technology Park.
Main Responsibilities include:
- providing regulatory compliance advice to business units (particularly on the Commercial Television Industry Code of Practice)
- coordination of complaints handling
- dealing with the Australian Communications and Media Authority and other bodies in relation to investigations and monitoring of regulatory obligations
- overseeing the conduct and promotion of competitions (trade promotions) and contributing to development of policy positions for the network as required
- drafting and reviewing agreements with oversight from the legal team as required
- conduct on-going training for Seven Network staff on the Code and other regulatory obligations
- develop and update Guidelines relating to the Code, the Broadcasting Services Act and the Competition and Consumer Act and other relevant regulatory obligations including – Gambling, Election, Alcohol, Tobacco Guidelines, Therapeutic Goods.
- assist Sales and Programming to draft and review program sponsorship agreements and trade mark license agreement
- Tertiary qualifications in Law
- Able to communicate complex legal ideas clearly to non-lawyers and ensure advice is solutions focused
- Confident and assertive, with strong influencing and internal consultation skills
- Demonstrated interest in media law and/or public policy advocacy
- Experience working in-house, or within a law firm, Government Department or regulatory agency;
Technical excellence in the law is a given and a capacity to provide quick and practical advice and support is essential to this role.
Please apply through the link provided.