Seven West Media is the leading, listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia comprising of Seven Television; Pacific Magazines, the country's second largest magazine group by readership; as well as Western Australia's leading newspaper, The West Australian and associated WA regional newspapers and radio stations.
An exciting opportunity has become available within the fast-paced, dynamic and integral IT division.
Based in Sydney, and reporting to the IT Systems Manager, this role exists to ensure Seven and Pacific Magazines have a stable and secure IT environment that is continuously improving.
What you can expect from this opportunity:
- Performing regular administration and maintenance to ensure a secure and stable IT environment.
- Remediating issues identified within the IT environment.
- Providing Level 3 support services to end users.
- Be involved in planning, building, testing and deploying improvements to the IT environment.
- Proactively suggesting improvements to the IT environment.
- Ensuring changes made to the IT environment are performed in a controlled manner to maintain a stable and secure environment.
- Proactively seeking to improve knowledge of the IT environment both personally and amongst the team.
- Following company policies and procedures.
- Taking all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace
We are looking for someone with the following essential skills, experience and knowledge:
- Previous experience working in a technical IT role incorporating support tasks as well as the delivery of larger pieces of work.
- Specialist knowledge in one or more platforms, including but not limited to Windows, Exchange, HyperV, VMWare, System Center & Office365.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to influence groups of people to gain consensus.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- The ability to embrace change and proactively seek continuous improvement.
The following skills and experience are highly desirable, but not essential:
- IT related qualifications.
- Microsoft certifications.
- Experience working in AWS or Azure cloud environments.
- Experience in the media industry.
If you have a passion for IT and a readiness to help with the growth of our business, we would love to hear from you.