Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise Channel Seven, the leading free to air capital city television network; Pacific Magazines, the country’s second largest magazine group by readership, Western Australia’s leading newspapers The West Australia, The Sunday Times and associated WA regional newspapers, digital assets TheWest.com.au and PerthNow.com.au and Redwave Media radio stations.
The Telethon Trust is on the hunt for an experienced Volunteer and Community Fundraising Coordinator to join WA’s most loved children’s charity that’s changing the lives of sick kids in our state.
Based in our Osborne Park office and reporting directly to the General Manager of Telethon, this part time (24 hours per week) role will be responsible for the supervision and training of telethon volunteers. The successful candidate will assist with supporting and engaging individuals and groups who raise money for Telethon by helping them to develop fun, creative and engaging events to encourage fundraising.
What will you be doing?
- Recruiting, training, rostering and overseeing our volunteers for numerous events throughout the year
- Maintaining an up to date volunteer database
- Identifying and implementing new and creative community fundraising ideas
- Developing and nurturing relationships with fundraising individuals and groups
- Enhancing Telethon’s community fundraising website
- Producing fundraising marketing collateral
What do we want?
- Someone who cares about volunteers and grassroots fundraisers
- At least three years’ experience in volunteer management and fundraising
- Someone who has established network and can liaise effectively with all stakeholders
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and change oriented environment
- Willingness to work additional hours as required
- Someone self-motivated and can manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines
- Someone who understands the importance that Telethon plays within WA and wants to act as a custodian
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office proficiency
- Previous media experience is preferred by not essential
- Please note you must have a valid and current Police and Working with Children’s check for this role
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply by submitting your written application including a covering letter outlining why you are interested in this position and what you can bring to the role as well as a resume highlighting your qualifications and experience.
Applications close on Monday the 27th of May at 5pm
If you have any questions about the job application process, please contact People & Culture on 9482 3560.