Digital Commerical Product Executive
Job no: 973809
Work type: Full time
- Thrive in an exciting, transforming, digital media environment!
- Work with a fun, supportive, high-performing team
Unleash your imagination and start your journey with one of Australia’s most iconic companies.
Every day millions of Australians tune in to Seven West Media for their news, sport and entertainment. They trust us, and they love our content whether it’s online, on TV, on demand, on the airwaves, or in print. We are empowered to ‘Just Own It’ and push ourselves to deliver exceptional results.
WE are passionate about what we do.
WE are accountable for delivering results and meeting our commitments.
WE are one connected team.
A new and exciting opportunity has opened for a Commercial Product Executive at the Seven Network.
The Commercial Product team are responsible for driving the strategic commercial development of, and vision setting for Seven’s suite of digital publishing products. It is responsible for working with and guiding multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal: successfully commercialising the Seven Digital product set that meets the needs of clients and the Seven business.
We are strong advocates for both our users and our commercial business goals - ensuring the balancing of diverse perspectives to deliver our holistic product strategy.
Based in Sydney and reporting to the Commercial Product Manager, you’ll have to wear many hats and be a diverse & detailed operator:
Get creative like you're Picasso
As we are still young and growing quickly, there's a great opportunity to be creative, and you’ll be working closely with your Commercial Product Manager to be an evangelist for our digital platforms across the business. This includes:
Organising and following up on managing brainstorms and creative or bespoke branded content opportunities with Sales
All the while you’ll be also well-placed to coordinate their creation & implementation with relevant stakeholders in production or editorial.
You’ll have passion for brands, knowing the 7Plus and 7News sites inside out, and commercially, you’ll be astutely aware of our audience and brands’ creative limits. (It’s important that we work with clients in a natural way and not at the detriment of our audience and ratings.)
Be brave. To be the best in the market we need to have the best products and ideas. Don’t be afraid to be unapologetically brave, but also be aware enough to know when something isn’t the right fit or time for the business.
Know the market like it’s your best friend
Being profitable (and ensuring Sales are best equipped in market) is important - we never want to spend money on onboarding clients or running campaigns that aren’t successful. It’s also key then that we continue to positively move the goal posts for advertisers by bringing in the right partners, ideas and products that can help them achieve success with their clients.
- Knowledge sharing in the team on local or global Digital opportunities and potential activation in the market.
- Understand, hunt out and interrogate the value proposition in how and when we on-board 3rd party partners - and being able to clearly articulate what the “hook” is
- Trend analysis on digital market trends and presenting these back to the wider team for consideration.
Be a rock
It’s critical to the team’s success and trust with sales that you are an absolute rock when it comes to supporting on campaign delivery, day to day reporting and maintenance of campaigns. This is huge to ensure ongoing & repeat bookings and success in market.
- You’ll be working with a sales team who’ll entrust you to help with delivery of these campaigns and pass on knowledge of what’s working and what’s not when it comes to client delivery.
- Monitoring and taking proactive action to achieve revenue targets without prompting.
- Weekly and monthly revenue reporting and research analysis to support Digital solutions. Coordinating with relevant stakeholders to understand the features, benefits, value proposition of all Digital opportunities.
- You’ll be able to quickly ascertain an overview of the team’s work and where you’re of best use! This won’t always be the same place - but that’s the beauty of it!
The role is multifaceted in what it does and where it is best placed to assist the wider team in their main goal - to ensure Seven’s commercial success. It’s exciting as you’ll be in a great position to work within a huge legacy organisation on both short and long term projects - and in a team that prioritises action and the power of collaboration. With this comes a huge opportunity to learn and influence amongst a diverse group of stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least two years’ experience in digital sales, preferably within the media industry - or alternatively an agency background & perspective that you can bring to the table!
- Understanding of best practice around ad sales, delivering and reporting to Clients/Agencies.
- Proven ability in knowing the value of digital video, mobile, social, display as well as branded content and other integrated custom executions. To bring the Sales team on a journey, this form of “internal sales” is key.
- Exceptional organisational skills, attention to detail and commitment to accuracy on all communication and presentations.
- Ability to foster strong ongoing and effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of industry standard practices and market trends
- An understanding of industry reporting products such as Nielsen NetRatings, Google Analytics, comScore, IAS.
If you have a passion for digital, and a readiness to help with growth of new business, we would love to hear from you.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au