Home Beautiful, one of Australia's leading home and lifestyle brands, has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced features writer. Based in Eveleigh and reporting to the Features Editor, you will make a strong, hands-on contribution to the brand over a variety of topics that could see you interviewing a designer one minute and writing about the latest trends in tapware the next.
As Features writer you will:
- Develop, research and write creative, original and interesting stories and content in line with the Home Beautiful brand.
- Grow content for use within audience category and across different publication platforms (social/digital/print).
- Work collaboratively with Features Editor, Creative Director and digital content editors to ensure content can be finished appropriately for publication.
- You are highly organised, full of ideas and capable of managing several projects at once.
- You create sell-lines and opening sentences that sparkle, your stories and articles will be well-structured, informative and meticulously researched.
- You have impeccable writing and editing skills, and a desire to share your knowledge with others. You are not afraid to try new things, and inspire creativity in others.
- You are calm under pressure, and willing to adapt and collaborate to solve problems quickly and effectively and are deadline-driven.
- You are a team player who appreciates the value of a positive workplace, willing to contribute and always the first to put up your hand to help out.
Please include examples of your previously published work with your application.
Pacific Magazines is Australia's most innovative publisher of mass women's, homemaker, fashion, men's and youth titles. We create magazines people love and are a dominant force in all the categories we publish in. We are a key component of Seven West Media - a multi-faceted media company in Australia with a market-leading presence in broadcast television, magazine publishing and online.
Applications close Friday, 9 August 2019.