Features Writer – WHO
Pacific Magazines has an exciting opportunity for a talented, creative and dedicated full-time Features Writer to join WHO – Australia's most trusted celebrity news and entertainment brand.
Based at Media City in Eveleigh and reporting to the Editor, this position requires accomplished writing skills, a keen news sense and the ability to chase and secure exclusive stories.
The successful candidate will already have a solid writing background. They will be passionate about bringing features to life, confident interviewing celebrities and have the drive to work in the fast-paced environment of a busy weekly title.
The writer will be responsible for coming up with exclusive cover feature ideas as well as securing the best exclusive celebrity interviews and features. They will also have a keen eye for news and be able to turn around copy quickly for both print and online.
For this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience as a features writer with an online or print background
- An ability to identify great story leads and use your contacts to secure exclusive interviews with great coverline potential
- A talent for generating original and creative story ideas that will work in print and online
- A good knowledge of current affairs and news
- The skills necessary to develop and maintain a network of contacts who can deliver great story leads
- High attention to detail and the ability to self-edit your own work
- The ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
Pacific is part of the Seven West Media Group, a market-leading Australian multi-platform media business active in broadcast television, magazine publishing, content generation and e-commerce and a dominant force in all the categories in which we operate. Be part of our journey.