Every day millions of Australians turn to Seven West Media for their news, sport and entertainment. They trust us, and they love our shows, websites, apps, newspapers, magazines and radio stations.
Working at Seven West Media is exciting, challenging and rewarding - all at the same time. We are passionate about what we do, we’re accountable for delivering results and meeting our commitments as one connected team.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and intrepid Journalist who is passionate about writing for our regional newspapers to join the Kalgoorlie Miner.
Based in Kalgoorlie and reporting to the Editor, this role requires you to work independently, undertake research, conduct interviews and write articles for our in-print and digital platforms as well as provide support for our radio and television operations as required. You’ll be responsible for:
- Writing original stories and taking photos for publication in print and online platforms
- Developing contacts quickly and maintaining relationships in the community to generate a steady flow of news and continue the legacy of the newspaper as the region’s reliable advocate and news provider.
- Being confident in communicating effectively with all sections of the community
- Representing the company in a professional and courteous manner
- Contributing to news planning meetings and liaising with the Editor regarding story development
- Up skilling and using technology to perform your role, attend training when required
- Working productively in a team environment with the ability to react speedily in a deadline-driven environment.
- Being aware of legal and moral issues when reporting.
- Interviewing subjects effectively and professionally
- Attending functions at weekends or in evenings on behalf of the company as required
- Being adept in the journalistic use of social media to both source and disseminate stories, promotion and posting of stories online, produce video for digital products
We are looking for someone who has:
- Good interview and communication skills and a desire to become part of the community
- A high level of literacy
- The ability to work autonomously under high pressure.
- A valid driver’s licence
In return, we’ll give you everything you need to develop your skills and build a successful career.
If this is you, please apply by submitting your written application including a covering letter outlining why you are expressing interest in the position and what you can bring to the role, a resume detailing your qualifications and experience and samples of your written work and photographs. We may ask for other examples of specific skills as part of the application process.
Be part of our journey and join one of Australia’s most iconic companies.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Visit us as at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au