Software Engineering Manager
Job no: 973958
Work type: Full-time
Every day millions of Australians turn to Seven West Media for their news, sport and entertainment. They trust us, and they love our shows, websites, apps, newspapers, magazines and radio stations.
Working at Seven is exciting, challenging and rewarding - all at the same time. We are passionate about what we do, we’re accountable for delivering results and meeting our commitments as one connected team.
A new and exciting opportunity has opened for a Software Engineering Manager at the Seven Network.
Based in South Eveleigh & reporting to Head of Engineering, you’ll be:
- Leading, mentoring and motivating a software engineering team to deliver world class products and solutions used across the nation by millions.
- An advocate of our core values & team culture, inspiring and promoting ways of working across the engineering, product & delivery teams.
- Driving Lean/Agile & DevOps based methodologies to create efficiencies across the end-to-end development lifecycle.
- Customer & results orientated in delivering value to the products, team and wider business.
- Managing the software team including recruitment, on boarding, performance, processes to grow and develop a great engineering team.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Demonstrated success in people management role – hiring, building, growing, leading and managing team(s).
- A ‘can do’ mindset with a drive for innovation and improvement - always pushing, encouraging and enabling your team to improve their tools, processes and culture; keeping them agile and creative with lean processes.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to business audiences, and to explain business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to technical teams.
- A passion for technology, software development with ability to assess requirements to make pragmatic decisions to achieve our goals and wider vision.
- A dedication for building high performing teams, putting others before yourself, and delighting in your team successes.
- Previous experience as a software engineer with a strong understanding of the full SDLC including CI/CD
The following skills and experience are highly desirable, but not essential:
- Previous experience with AWS, Azure DevOps CI/CD
- Broad knowledge in software development technologies, methodologies, and architecture design patterns
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- OTT video platforms / media industry
Your success is our success, we will provide you with opportunities for you to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au