Every day millions of Australians turn to Seven West Media for their news, sport and entertainment. They trust us, and they love our shows, websites, apps, and newspapers.
Working at West Australian Regional Newspapers is exciting, challenging and rewarding - all at the same time. We are passionate about what we do, we’re accountable for delivering results and meeting our commitments as one connected team.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Journalist/News Editor at West Australian Regional Newspapers.
Based in Busselton and reporting to the South West Group Editor you’ll be responsible for:
- Gather and write original stories and features
- Taking photos for publication in print and online platforms
- Developing contacts quickly and maintaining relationships in the community to generate a steady flow of news and continue the legacy of the newspaper as the region’s reliable advocate and news provider.
- Being confident in communicating effectively with all sections of the business community
- Representing the company in a professional and courteous manner
- Contributing to news planning meetings and liaising with the Editor regarding story development
- Up skilling and using technology to perform your role, attend training when required
- Working productively in a team environment with the ability to react speedily in a deadline-driven environment.
- Being aware of legal and moral issues when reporting.
- Interviewing subjects effectively and professionally
- Attending functions at weekends or in evenings on behalf of the company as required
- Being adept in the journalistic use of social media to both source and disseminate stories, promotion and posting of stories online, produce video for digital products
We are looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an editorial role
- Excellent interview and interpersonal skills and a desire to become part of the community
- A high level of literacy
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- The ability to work autonomously under high pressure
- A valid driver’s licence
In return, we’ll give you everything you need to develop your skills and build a successful career.
Be part of our journey and join one of Australia’s most iconic companies.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.