IT Operations Manager
Job no: 974181
Work type: Full-time
Seven West Media is the leading, listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia comprising of Seven Television; Pacific Magazines, the country's second largest magazine group by readership; as well as Western Australia's leading newspaper, The West Australian and associated WA regional newspapers.
An exciting opportunity has become available within the fast-paced, dynamic and integral IT division.
Based in Sydney, and reporting to the Head of IT, this role exists to proactively manage and continuously improve the underlying infrastructure and applications within the Seven network to ensure Seven has a user friendly, stable and secure operating environment.
What you can expect from this opportunity:
- To actively manage IT resources (people, process and technology) to ensure they are performing at their best.
- Lead the development and delivery of technology roadmaps, including evaluating and recommending technology solutions to support the strategic direction of the business.
- To proactively guide the planning, building, testing and deployment of improvements to the IT environment.
- Ensure changes made to the IT environment are performed in a controlled manner to maintain a stable and secure environment.
- Ensure optimised handling of IT service outages to minimise impact on the business.
- Be the escalation point for significant IT related issues.
- To manage vendors in the delivery of services.
- To manage IT risk assessment and mitigation.
- To perform cost optimisation and management of existing agreements and support the Head of IT in the budgeting process.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace.
We are looking for someone with the following essential skills, experience and knowledge:
- Demonstrated success in IT leadership roles.
- An advanced level of understanding of IT infrastructure and applications, cloud services and SaaS offerings.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple workstreams.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to influence groups of people to gain consensus.
- High level of initiative, problem solving and organisational ability.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- The ability to embrace change and proactively seek continuous improvement.
The following skills and experience are highly desirable, but not essential:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree level qualifications.
- Formal management or leadership qualifications.
- Experience in the media industry.
If you have a passion for IT and a readiness to help with the growth of our business, we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au