Every day millions of Australians turn to Seven West Media for their news, sport and entertainment. They trust us, and they love our shows, websites, apps, newspapers, magazines and radio stations.
Working at SWM is exciting, challenging and rewarding. We are passionate about what we do; we are accountable for delivering results and meeting our commitments as one connected team.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a journalist at Countryman, writing about agriculture in Western Australia.
Based in Perth or regional WA, and reporting to the Countryman news editor, the journalist’s role will be to bring in and write brilliant ideas, and dedicate their numerous talents across the editorial production process for both print and online.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Writing stories and taking photos for print and online
- Making contacts in the agriculture community to generate a steady flow of news
- Keeping up-to-date with what is happening in Australia’s $60b agriculture industry
- Travelling to country areas to visit farmers and attend events
- Contributing to news planning meetings and liaising with the editor about stories
- Upskilling and using technology to perform your role, and attending training when required
- Working productively and speedily in a team and deadline-driven environment
- Being aware of legal and moral issues when reporting
- Interviewing subjects effectively and professionally
- Attending functions at weekends or in evenings on behalf of the company, as required
- Using social media to source, disseminate, promote and post stories online
We are looking for a well-read, worldly, organised, and independent thinker with:
- Great interview and communication skills
- A desire to become part of Australia’s $60 billion agriculture community
- Exceptional writing skills
- Effective time management skills
- A passion for regional WA (and a sense of adventure)
- The ability to work flexible hours to meet deadlines
- A valid driver’s licence
In return, we will give you everything you need to develop your skills and build a successful career.
Previous experience in the agriculture industry is not essential, but you must be keen to learn.
Please note this role includes regular country travel.
Be part of our journey and join one of Australia’s most iconic companies.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.