Job no: 974403
Work type: Full-time
Every day millions of Australians turn to Seven West Media for their news, sport and entertainment. They trust us, and they love our shows, websites, apps, newspapers, magazines and radio stations.
Working at Seven is exciting, challenging and rewarding - all at the same time. We are passionate about what we do, we’re accountable for delivering results and meeting our commitments as one connected team.
An exciting opportunity has become available within the fast-paced, dynamic and integral IT division.
Based in Sydney, and reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, this role exists to ensure the Seven network has a stable, secure well managed IT environment that is continuously improving.
What you can expect from this opportunity:
- Be involved in planning, building, testing and deploying improvements to the IT environment, with a primary focus on data
- Work with Business/Departments on projects that involve understanding end-to-end data workflows, and impact on other systems
- Understand, document and proactively manage and improve data assets
- Ensure changes made to the IT environment are performed in a controlled manner to maintain a stable and secure environment
- Proactively seek to improve knowledge of the environment personally and across the team.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace.
We are looking for someone with the following essential skills, experience and knowledge:
- Experience in a data or information management role
- Advanced level of experience in developing and troubleshooting ETL packages
- Competency in multiple versions of Microsoft SQL server including SQL querying, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
- Competency in Oracle DBMS and supporting tools
- Competency in the design of data base applications, data warehouse and reporting solutions
- Competency in at least one BI tool or suite, preferably Tableau, MicroStrategy or Power BI
- Ability to quickly analyse and understand large data sets
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to influence groups of people to gain consensus.
- High level of initiative, problem solving and organisational ability.
- The ability to embrace change and proactively seek continuous improvement.
The following skills and experience are highly desirable, but not essential:
- IT related qualifications
- Experience administering multiple versions of Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
- Microsoft or Oracle certifications
- Understanding/Experience with MIM (Microsoft Identity Manager)
- Experience with IBMS (Operative) Platform
- Legacy MS Access / VBA Skills
- Experience in the media industry
If you have a passion for IT and a readiness to help with the growth of our business, we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au