Every day millions of Australians turn to Seven West Media for their news, sport and entertainment. They trust us, and they love our shows, websites, apps, and newspapers.
Working at Seven West Media is exciting, challenging and rewarding - all at the same time. We are passionate about what we do, we’re accountable for delivering results and meeting our commitments as one connected team.
We are currently seeking a UI/UX Designer for a twelve month maximum term opportunity with the Digital Team at The West Australian Newspaper. This is a part time position based on three days per week.
Based in Perth and reporting to the General Manager - Technology you’ll be responsible for the creation and evolution of the user experience and interface designs on our digital platforms and applications in line with Seven West Media’s product strategy. You will also:
- Apply and generate designs and design frameworks and mock-ups
- Extend and create visual branding identities
- Facilitate the implementation of the design elements on the platform and websites
- Set design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external partners and translate those into UX concepts and elegant UI designs
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Create, design, construct and edit elements of the Seven West Media interactive product suite
- Demonstrate creative leadership with web and accessibility standards in accordance with the SWM brand guidelines
- Ensure that each website complies with operational requirements of Seven West Media Ltd and government legislation covering privacy, spam and copyright laws
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Collaborate with the Seven West Media’s marketing and design teams (brand stewards) to ensure the products and design elements are aligned with our brands’ formats, image and branding to appeal to the intended target audience
- Collaborate closely with editorial, development and product teams to problem-solve
- Maintain current style guides and develop and guide new brands
- Maintain a level of awareness of developments in the new media, creative and online entertainment industry
We are looking for someone who has:
- A good level of experience in consumer digital interface practices
- A graduate qualification in a design discipline is desirable
- Experience developing consumer and/or commercial web interfaces
- The ability to explain ideas to people with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Quick to pick up new skills and software
- Interest in pop culture and/or current affairs is desirable
In return, we’ll give you everything you need to develop your skills and build a successful career.
This is an exciting and dynamic role and a unique opportunity to work on some of Australia’s most prominent news sites – thewest.com.au, perthnow.com.au, and 7news.com.au. Be part of our journey and join one of Australia’s most iconic companies.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.