Head of Data Enablement
Job no: 974465
Work type: Full-time
Seven West Media is one of Australia’s most prominent media companies, with a market leading presence in content across broadcast television, BVOD and online. Comprising some of Australia’s most renowned media brands, SWM includes Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7TWO, 7mate, 7flix and BVOD offering 7Plus, as well as The West Australian, The Sunday Times and more.
At Seven West Media we are here to bring all Australians closer to the moments that move us - we’re first on the scene, with our finger on the pulse, on demand, in the moment. Uniting communities, breaking news and smashing records, our teams are making it happen together and we have an exciting opportunity for you to be part of this.
A new and exciting opportunity has opened within the Audience Intelligence team for a Head of Data Enablement, responsible for continuing to build and lead Seven West Media’s Audience Intelligence data repository, its governance and its continued evolution of our audience data management framework.
The continued maintenance and growth requirements of SWMs audience data structure framework is key to supporting internal and external strategic objectives. and your team will be required to align and build frameworks to support the implementation of that data strategy.
You will be required to consider the requirements of stakeholders within the business as well as external market stakeholders and understand any regulatory risks, ensuring they are mitigated.
This is a key leadership role where you will be taking charge of not only a talented internal team but also work and be the lead with strategic partners. You will be working on large scale audience transformation projects.
The role is also accountable for the Business Intelligence reporting by building and managing a team of BI experts.
Based in South Eveleigh, and reporting to the Director, Audience Intelligence, you will:
- Drive data stewardship function for the allocated business domains in the execution of their data ownership responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with the Group's information management policies and standards
- Champion data management awareness, practices and processes for the allocated asset base
- Manage and promote data quality through implementation of appropriate metrics, monitoring and reporting mechanism
- Develop domain-specific core data requirements and promote the adherence to these requirements by change projects impacting the domain
- Create and maintain robust DevOps framework and tools to accelerate the delivery of data driven solutions
- Design, development and implementation of big data big data batch and real time analytics solutions adhering to standards and best practices
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience as a senior data leader
- Experience delivering business value from data, Teradata and Hadoop experience is highly desirable
- Experience with software engineering best practices (CI/CD, Code Review, Automated Testing)
- Experience with data migration and integration projects
- Experience with delivering Business Intelligence solutions
- Strong Stakeholder management experience
- Demonstrated passion for building world class Engineering and BI teams
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor team members to achieve their best
- Strong knowledge of Data Governance
- Strong skills in training end users in how to use Business Intelligence tools like Tableau
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to manage expectations and prioritise.
- Experience delivering business value from data, utilising the Experience delivering solutions on the AWS Cloud with a focus on its data capabilities
- Strong skills in training end users in how to use analytical applications like Power BI, Tableau or Looker
Your success is our success, we will provide you with opportunities for you to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au