Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise Channel Seven; The West Australian, The Sunday Times and associated Perth metro and WA regional newspapers.
The South Western Times and Bunbury Herald has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Journalist who is passionate about news to join our team.
Based in our Bunbury office and reporting to the Group Editor, this role is focussed on breaking news within the South West Region.
The ideal candidate will have proven reporting experience within a busy news environment, an understanding and keen interest in local news reporting, digital operations and social media and have a desire to work collaboratively within a team.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Gather and write original news stories for publication in print and online platforms;
- Developing positive relationships with key people and organisations;
- Break news stories and create engaging content;
- Contribute to news planning meetings and liaise with the Group Editor regarding story development;
- Interviewing and photographing subjects confidently and professionally; and
- Represent the Company in a professional and courteous manner.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- A high level of literacy
- The ability to work under high pressure
- Good interview and communication skills
- Basic photography and photo editing skills
- A sense of urgency and focus on deadlines
- A valid driver’s license
We want to engage like-minded people who embody our values: Here to inspire, One connected team, Just own it!
If this is you, please apply by submitting your written application including a covering letter outlining why you are expressing interest in the position and what you can bring to the role and a resume detailing your qualifications and experience.
Applications close 27 August 2020, unless the position is filled earlier.
For queries about your application contact the Group Editor on (08) 9780 0800.