Job no: 974640
Work type: Full-time
The Seven Network is part of Seven West Media, one of Australia’s most prominent media companies, with a market leading presence in content across broadcast television, online and in print. Comprising some of Australia’s most renowned media brands, SWM includes not just Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7two, 7mate, 7flix and BVOD offering 7plus, but also 7NEWS.com.au, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and more.
At Seven we are here to bring all Australians closer to the moments that move us - we’re first on the scene, with our finger on the pulse, on demand, in the moment. Together, we’re responsible for creating and sustaining authentic Australian engagement.
A new and exciting opportunity has opened for a Data Engineer to join the Audience Intelligence team. Based in Sydney and reporting to the Head of Data Enablement, you’ll be responsible for:
- Implementation of end to end data solutions to support Data Strategy for the SWM group.
- Work closely with the Data Solution Designers to develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and build out new file and API based integrations to address requirements from the various business stakeholders.
- Collaborates with engineering, analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organisation.
- Work on Data Preparation for analytics and data scientist team members and assist them from an engineering perspective in building and optimising the models including building the automation of the end to end workflows
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of production data issues.
- Work effectively with vendors for successful delivery of projects and acceptance of the solution
- Work on Delivery projects using Agile Software Development methodologies
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or other technical discipline is essential
- Proven experience working as a digital analytics specialist
- Extensive experience with digital analytics implementation (e.g. Google Analytics, Snowplow, Adobe Analytics) and BI processes and visualisation platforms
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience in ETL and building and optimizing ‘big data’ pipelines and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, etc., AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, Lambda and familiar with version control systems: Git
- Strong coding skills with knowledge of Unix/Linux and scripting languages such as Unix Shell scripting, Python desirable
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve with changing demands and priorities
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and detail oriented
- Your success is our success: we will provide you with opportunities for you to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au