Senior Journalist, Manjimup-Bridgetown Times
Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise Channel Seven, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and associated Perth metro and WA regional newspapers.
Based in our Manjimup office and reporting to the Group Editor, this role is for an experienced journalist focussed on breaking news within the Southern Forests region.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience within a busy newspaper newsroom environment, an understanding and keen interest in local news and photography, be versed in digital operations and social media and have a desire to work collaboratively within a team.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Gathering and writing original news stories for publication in print and online platforms;
- Developing positive relationships with key people and organisations;
- Breaking news stories and create engaging content;
- Contribute to news planning meetings and liaise with the Group Editor regarding story development;
- Interviewing and photographing subjects confidently and professionally; and
- Representing the Company in a professional and courteous manner.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- A proven track record in a similar field
- The ability to work under high pressure
- Good interviewing and communication skills
- A sense of urgency and focus on deadlines
- A valid driver’s licence
- A passion for local news.
We want to engage like-minded people who embody our values: Make it Happen – Be the Solution, Be Brave – Speak Up and Better Together – Join Forces.
If this is you, please apply by submitting your written application including a covering letter outlining why you are expressing interest in the position and what you can bring to the role and a resume detailing your qualifications and experience.
Applications close November 20, 2020, unless the position is filled earlier.
For queries about your application contact the Group Editor on (08) 9780 0800.