We are looking for a developer to join our Digital development team to create and maintain the codebases of a large news product and associated tools. We are looking for applicants with a strong foundation in software development and a desire to build systems. Our ideal applicant would work well in a collaborative team environment, enjoy sharing and learning from others with strong communication skills.
We welcome diverse perspectives and are looking for people who value learning, collaboration, experimentation and continuous improvement. In this position you will have the opportunity to expand and improve your skill sets while contributing to the delivery of public facing and internal news products.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with and learn the latest web technologies
- Work with a highly motivated team of technologists who are regular speakers and actively involved in the open source and meetup communities
- Iterate and improve on both internal and consumer facing products
We are looking for someone who:
- Focuses on fundamentals and tries to understand the why
- Is keen to learn as well as share their knowledge with team members
- Is not afraid to ask for help
- Has interest in the continuous improvement of themselves and their team
- Is motivated by the prospect of solving business problems with technology
- Is highly collaborative and thrives in a team environment