Senior Backend Engineer
Job no: 974825
Work type: Full-time
7plus is Australia’s leading broadcast digital video streaming service, home to some of Australia’s favourite shows and events including Home and Away, Big Brother, the AFL and soon the Tokyo Olympic Games!
7plus is still a baby (only 3 years old!) but we’ve come such a long way in such a short time. Last year we hit the number one slot for the highest rated commercial broadcast streaming service, and we have even bigger plans for 2021! With the Tokyo Olympic games and a whole raft of exciting new shows and sporting events on the cards we’re on the way toward another record-breaking year.
To help us get there, we’re on the hunt for a new Senior Backend Engineer for our Core Team.
If you’re looking for a role where you have autonomy, authority, a constant stream of exciting new features to develop and a range of technologies to play with then you’ve come to the right place.
At 7plus you’ll be working with a fun, talented and creative team constantly striving to delight our users and give them the best experience and highest quality service in the market. With never a dull moment you’ll enjoy facing new challenges every day and be able to boast about working on one of the most visible platforms in the country.
Based in South Eveleigh & reporting to Software Engineering Manager, you’ll be:
- Designing and implementation of backend APIs, microservices to run in AWS Cloud
- Driving best usage of software design patterns & principles, best practices, coding techniques & standards.
- Improving software quality through the development process
- Improving our end to end testing of our backend APIs & services
- Collaborating in an agile/scrum team to deliver on the sprint goals.
- Continuously challenging and improving effective and efficient standards and procedures, including but not limited to technology, usability, online community protocols, API standards.
- Working with business stakeholders, product and your scrum team to come up with best solution to business requirements.
- Taking initiative and always look for ways in which you can improve the success of a solution.
- Providing input to project deliverables and resource estimates.
- Involved in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle; for example, review requirement and design documents and provide feedback.
- Performing all work in accordance with company policies, quality program, programs, standards and procedures.
- Proud to deliver applications and solutions that your friends, family and the rest of Australia will use to enjoy the Tokyo Olympics!
We are looking for someone who:
- Has proven experience in building scalable & performant microservices & APIs in Microsoft .NET Core & .NET Framework (C#)
- Building & running containerised apps using Docker
- Understanding of infrastructure to achieve desired resilience, stability and performance. (AWS preferable)
- Experience with technologies such as Elastic Search, Redis, SQL Server
- Experienced with various types of software testing, from unit testing, integration tests to performance and security testing.
- Very good understanding of TDD and code coverage.
- Understands Git concepts as well as basic development workflow (pull requests, git flow etc.)
- Understands build tools and values DevOps culture
- Is keen to learn as well as share their knowledge with team members
- Is not afraid to ask for help
- Has interest in the continuous improvement of themselves and their team
- Is motivated by the prospect of solving business problems with technology
- Is highly collaborative and thrives in a team environment
- Passion for Technology and Delivery
The following skills and experience are highly desirable, but not essential:
- Previous experience with AWS, Azure DevOps CI/CD
- Experience using CDNs
- Experience in working with logging, monitoring and analytics platforms such as Kibana / Grafana / Cloudwatch
- Experience with authentication protocols and architectures such as OAuth2
- Umbraco knowledge – commercial or private experience.
Your success is our success, we will provide you with opportunities for you to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au