Job no: 974841
Work type: Full-time
The Seven Network is part of Seven West Media, one of Australia’s most prominent media companies, with a market leading presence in content across broadcast television, online and in print. Comprising some of Australia’s most renowned media brands, SWM includes not just Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7two, 7mate, 7flix and BVOD offering 7plus, but also 7NEWS.com.au, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and more.
‘At Seven we are here to bring all Australians closer to the moments that move us - we’re first on the scene, with our finger on the pulse, on demand, in the moment. Together, we’re responsible for creating and sustaining authentic Australian engagement.’
A new and exciting opportunity has opened for a Commercial Manager to join the Seven Finance team. As a Commercial Finance Manager, you are responsible for providing strategic financial insight and advice that drives performance within the News and Current Affairs team.
Based in Martin Place and reporting to the Head of Finance, you will:
- Provide strategic insights, including trend and comparative analysis, to shape business decisions, partnering with the business to maximise earnings and deliver performance targets.
- Support department heads with cost reduction programs to achieve successful outcomes.
- Identify critical areas of strength and weakness in financial performance leading to recommendations of forward-looking business strategies.
- Investigate commercial opportunities, trends and variances.
- Develop financial models and tools for scenario modelling.
- Participate in developing long-term plans and financial models to improve profit planning and budgeting.
- Provide reports and analysis as required to assist with forecasting and profitability. Prepare and/or review capital expenditure budgets.
- Ensure activities comply with legal, professional and ethical standards.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Advanced data analysis and excel modelling skills.
- The ability to develop and drive strategic operating plans and forecasting.
- The ability to engage with key stakeholders to provide strategic guidance and support.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively within a team
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- CA/CPA qualified
Your success is our success: we will provide you with opportunities for you to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.
The Seven Network is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: The Seven Network does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au