Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise Channel Seven, the leading free to air capital city television network, and Western Australia's leading newspapers The West Australian, The Sunday Times and associated WA regional and community newspapers.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and skilled Journalist to join the team at The Geraldton Guardian and Midwest Times in a senior role. The team publishes three editions a week, covering a city and region which is thriving, diverse and bursting with potential stories.
Based in Geraldton and reporting to the Mid West Editor, the ideal applicant will already have a level of journalism experience, with a passion for breaking news and covering hard-hitting as well as community-driven regional stories for The Guardian, Midwest Times and its websites.
The successful candidate will:
- Be adaptable and show an interest and talent in a wide range of fields, including both a variety of news rounds as well as sport;
- Demonstrate a persistency to break stories, even when faced with tough obstacles;
- Have clean, impressive writing skills and strong people skills;
- Be a fast learner who can come to understand local issues quickly and efficiently;
- Have a wide-range of current affairs knowledge in news and sport;
- Have the ability to generate news stories and work to tight deadlines;
- Have a degree of experience in journalism;
- Be able to work as a team player and take on added responsibilities as needed;
- Be switched onto social media and learn to publish digital content regularly
The role will be a wonderful opportunity for a vibrant and passionate junior or experienced journalist who is looking for a challenging and fulfilling position in the media industry. Work hours vary and the role will include occasional weekend shifts.
Click Apply now via the link below.