Job no: 974924
Work type: Full-time
The Seven Network is part of Seven West Media, one of Australia’s most prominent media companies, with a market leading presence in content across broadcast television, online and in print. Comprising some of Australia’s most renowned media brands, SWM includes not just Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7two, 7mate, 7flix and BVOD offering 7plus, but also 7NEWS.com.au, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and more.
‘At Seven we are here to bring all Australians closer to the moments that move us - we’re first on the scene, with our finger on the pulse, on demand, in the moment. Together, we’re responsible for creating and sustaining authentic Australian engagement.’
A new and exciting opportunity has opened for a Commercial Analyst to join Seven’s Finance Team. As a Commercial Analyst, you will be responsible for business partnering, budgeting and forecasting, general ledger management, reconciliations and reporting for Seven’s Broadcast Operations group.
Based in Eveleigh and reporting to the Head of Finance - Digital & Broadcast Operations, you will:
- Work with your business unit and management to provide insights and advice, training in finance systems and support with general enquiries
- Preparation of month end journals, monthly financial reports, and variance analysis
- Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Planning and preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Headcount reporting and reconciliation
- Preparation of data for the capitalisation of fixed assets
- Make recommendations for continuous improvements and efficient use of resources
- Participate in Group Finance projects, and perform project tasks, as required
- Ensure activities comply with legal, professional and ethical standards.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Advanced data analysis and excel modelling skills
- The ability to engage with key stakeholders to provide strategic guidance and support
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of finance systems (preferably Technology One)
- Able to work effectively within a team
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- CA/CPA qualified
Your success is our success: we will provide you with opportunities to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.
The Seven Network is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: The Seven Network does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au