Job no: 974956
Work type: Full-time
7plus is Australia’s leading broadcast digital video streaming service, home to some of Australia’s favourite shows and events including Home and Away, Big Brother, the AFL and soon the Tokyo Olympic Games!
7plus is still a baby (only 3 years old!) but we’ve come such a long way in such a short time. Last year we hit the number one slot for the highest rated commercial broadcast streaming service, and we have even bigger plans for 2021! With the Tokyo Olympic games and a whole raft of exciting new shows and sporting events on the cards we’re on the way toward another record-breaking year.
To help us get there, we’re on the hunt for a new Technical Lead for our Core (Backend) Team.
If you’re looking for a role where you have autonomy, authority, a constant stream of exciting new features to develop and a range of technologies to play with then you’ve come to the right place.
At 7plus you’ll be working with a fun, talented and creative team constantly striving to delight our users and give them the best experience and highest quality service in the market. With never a dull moment you’ll enjoy facing new challenges every day and be able to boast about working on one of the most visible platforms in the country.
Based in South Eveleigh & reporting to Software Engineering Manager, you’ll be:
- The subject matter expert on all things regarding our backend services and team
- Designing, implementing and enhancing backend APIs / microservices to run in AWS Cloud
- Driving the application architecture, optimal usage of software design patterns & principles, best practices, coding techniques & standards.
- Leading an agile scrum team to deliver on the sprint goals
- Improving the end to end testing of our backend APIs & services
- Working with business stakeholders, product and your scrum team to provide feedback, high level estimates and recommendations for the best solution to business requirements.
- Taking initiative and always looking for ways in which you can improve the success of the team and a solution.
- Involved in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle; from requirements analysis and design documentation, to code reviews, development and testing.
- Managing, mentoring and supporting junior members of the team
- Proud to deliver applications and solutions that your friends, family and the rest of Australia will use to enjoy the Tokyo Olympics!
We are looking for someone who:
- Has proven experience in building scalable & performant microservices & APIs in Microsoft .NET Core & .NET Framework (C#)
- Has experience leading a team of senior developers in an agile environment
- Building & running containerised apps using Docker
- Understanding of infrastructure to achieve desired resilience, stability and performance. (AWS preferable)
- Experience with technologies such as Elastic Search, Redis, SQL Server
- Experienced with various types of software testing, from unit testing, integration tests to performance and security testing.
- Good understanding of TDD and code coverage.
- Understands Git concepts, branching strategy and release management
- Understands build tools and values DevOps culture
- Is keen to learn as well as share their knowledge with team members
- Is not afraid to ask for help
- Has interest in the continuous improvement of themselves and their team
- Is motivated by the prospect of solving business problems with technology
- Is highly collaborative and thrives in a team environment
- Has a passion for Technology and Delivery
The following skills and experience are highly desirable, but not essential:
- Previous experience with AWS, Azure DevOps CI/CD
- Experience using CDNs
- Experience in working with logging, monitoring and analytics platforms such as Kibana / Grafana / Cloudwatch
- Experience with authentication protocols and architectures such as OAuth2
- Umbraco knowledge – commercial or private experience.
Your success is our success, we will provide you with opportunities for you to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au