Job no: 975217
Work type: Maximum Term Contract
At Seven we are here to bring all Australians closer to the moments that move us - we’re first on the scene, with our finger on the pulse, on demand, in the moment. Together, we’re responsible for creating and sustaining authentic Australian engagement.
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Medical Advisor to work behind the scenes on Australia’s number one drama – Home and Away.
This is initially a contract role until December 2021, with potential to be renewed in 2022.
This role is responsible for providing medical consultation/research in order to facilitate accurate scripting and filming of medical scenes.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Medical research to support the script writing process – including illness, injuries and specific medical conditions. This research also encompasses current best practice treatment options and spans both paramedic and hospital environments.
- Provision of medical research as both general background notes and specific medical dialogue
- Explanation of complex medical information and translation of such information into colloquial language
- On-set medical advice
- Medical rehearsal and preparation for performers representing illness, injuries and medical procedures
- Medical education and practical training for performers to represent current clinical practices
- Provision of medical equipment and consumables as required by story from outside suppliers
- Operation of monitors, simulators and medical equipment in line with current medical environments
- Organisation and maintenance of in-house medical equipment and consumables
To be successful in this position you will:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of a wide range of medical conditions, and relevant terminology
- Be a clear, confident communicator
- Be able to work well under pressure, and adapt to tight deadlines that can often change quickly
- Be a team player with a collaborative approach
The following will also be highly regarded:
- A professional network of medical suppliers, organisations, NSW Health workers
- Current qualifications as Registered Nurse or Paramedic
- Experience working in film or television production
The Seven Network is part of Seven West Media, one of Australia’s most prominent media companies, with a market leading presence in content across broadcast television, online and in print. Comprising some of Australia’s most renowned media brands, SWM includes not just Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7two, 7mate, 7flix and BVOD offering 7plus, but also 7NEWS.com.au, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and more.
The Seven Network is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: The Seven Network does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au