Test Lead / Automation Engineer
Job no: 975237
Work type: Full-time
7plus is Australia’s leading broadcast digital video streaming service, home to some of Australia’s favourite shows and events including Home and Away, Big Brother, the AFL and soon the Tokyo Olympic Games!
7plus is still a baby (only 3 years old!) but we’ve come such a long way in such a short time. Last year we hit the number one slot for the highest rated commercial broadcast streaming service, and we have even bigger plans for 2021! With the Tokyo Olympic games and a whole raft of exciting new shows and sporting events on the cards we’re on the way toward another record-breaking year.
To help us get there, we’re on the hunt for a new Test Lead /Automation Engineer for our QA Team.
If you’re looking for a role where you have autonomy, authority, a constant stream of exciting new features to test on a broadest range of devices and technologies then you’ve come to the right place.
At 7plus you’ll be working with a fun, talented and creative team constantly striving to delight our users and give them the best experience and highest quality service in the market. With never a dull moment you’ll enjoy facing new challenges every day and be able to boast about working on one of the most visible platforms in the country.
Based in South Eveleigh & reporting to the Engineering Manager you’ll be:
- The subject matter expert on all things regarding Quality Assurance
- Driving and delivering the test automation strategy across all our platforms including writing test scripts and harnesses and upskilling and training other team members
- Leading a small team of testers responsible for QA on about 14 different platforms including mobile, web, and TV
- Driving the QA processes and best practices within this team
- Monitor performance and set individual expectations for team members
- Conducting manual sprint / functional / regression testing for our mobile apps (iOS and Android) including writing test cases.
- Oversee compliance with our reporting and analytics partners (OzTam)
- Continuously challenging and improving standards, procedures and technologies by providing recommendations and collaborating with other team members
- Communicating and collaborating with various stakeholders, managers and technology partners to provide updates, insights, recommendations
- Taking initiative and always looking for ways in which you can improve the success of the platform
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of the team
Be proud to deliver applications and solutions that your friends, family and the rest of Australia will use to enjoy Tokyo Olympics!
We are looking for someone who:
- Has either led a team before or is ready to step up from a senior position into more of a lead role
- Has great communication skills and is confident communicating with a variety of stakeholders
- Is self motivated and takes initiative
- Is passionate about test automation
- Is open to learning and understanding new technologies and platforms and testing practices related to them
- Has experience with ad-tech / video players / video streaming (desirable)
- Is comfortable with manual testing and writing and maintaining detailed, accurate test cases
- Has experience with various types of testing across various devices and platforms
- Has interest in the continuous improvement of themselves and their team
- Is highly collaborative and thrives in a team environment
- Stays up to date with latest technologies and trends
You will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years experience as a senior tester
- At least 2 years experience in automation testing
- Familiarity with Webdriver IO / Appium (desirable)
- Scripting knowledge (desirable)
- Ability to
- Package management
Desirable but not essential
- Media player experience / Video streaming
- Ad tech
- CI / CD Pipelines
- CTV or media industry / video experience
Your success is our success, we will provide you with opportunities for you to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au