Job no: 975245
Work type: Full-time
The Seven Network is part of Seven West Media, one of Australia’s most prominent media companies, with a market leading presence in content across broadcast television, online and in print. Comprising some of Australia’s most renowned media brands, SWM includes not just Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7two, 7mate, 7flix and BVOD offering 7plus, but also 7NEWS.com.au, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and more.
‘At Seven we are here to bring all Australians closer to the moments that move us - we’re first on the scene, with our finger on the pulse, on demand, in the moment. Together, we’re responsible for creating and sustaining authentic Australian engagement.’
A new and exciting opportunity has opened for a Publicist to join the Seven team.
Based in Docklands and reporting to the National Publicity Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Planning, developing and delivering targeted and effective publicity strategies for national programs and artists.
- Fostering strong relationships with local and national media to deliver favourable publicity outcomes.
- Identify news and story angles/opportunities and understand how and when to action them.
- Build, strengthen and maintain positive working relationships with network artists.
- Work effectively and develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and execute media schedules, including all associated artist management.
- Write, edit, produce and distribute internal and external communications including media releases, press kits, bios, synopses, alerts and social media posts.
- Image management - from photo shoot co-ordination, concepts, schedules and budgeting, to the editing and delivery of images to media and key stakeholders.
- Reporting and analysis of publicity activities.
- Event co-ordination and management as required.
- Issues management as and when required.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Significant experience in publicity or communications within the entertainment industry.
- Current and well-developed network of Australian media contacts and a demonstrated understanding of the Australian media landscape.
- Experience with artist relations and management.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- High level written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent literacy and writing skills
- Proven issues management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and discreet manner.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to ever-changing business priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A love of television
- Relevant qualification in public relations, communications or a related field is preferred.
- Due to the nature of the position, a degree of flexibility with hours is required (including weekend work).
Your success is our success: we will provide you with opportunities for you to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.
The Seven Network is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: The Seven Network does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au