Job no: 975322
Work type: Full-time
- Full Time
- Be part of an Australian iconic brand
Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise Channel Seven; The West Australian, The Sunday Times, The West, PerthNow and associated Community and WA Regional newspapers.
Based in our Osborne Park office and reporting to the Credit Services Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to interact with both external and internal clients, within the Newspaper Group to ensure payments are correctly allocated to accounts, accounts are maintained within Credit terms and where required, discuss payment arrangements with outstanding account holders.
Due to the high visibility of the Credit function within the organisation you will interact with the Advertising, Circulation and Production teams to help drive effective business decisions.
Your experience within a busy commercial environment, primarily focused in Consumer or Commercial Credit, understanding of the Privacy Act and other relevant legislation and experience with Enterprise Account Receivable and Finance systems will place you well in this role. You won’t be in this alone, you will be part of a strong collaborative team with a focus on training and process improvement.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Accurate allocation of payments from bank statements to accounts daily
- Take accountability for a portfolio of accounts based on credit terms or function
- Answer credit phone queries as part of the Credit Team centralised phone group
- Monitor portfolio accounts and follow up overdue accounts by email, phone or letters
- Work with the Advertising and Customer Engagement teams to resolve any credit issues
- Provide support and advise to the wider business on credit policy and enforcement
- Provide coverage for other Credit portfolios as required
- Prepare account refunds when required
- Raise and issue invoices as required
- Processing of finance system journals as required to ensure account accuracy
- Reconciliation of Credit General Ledger accounts on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Contribute to the Month End close process for Credit/Accounts Receivable
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- A Professional presentation and great communication skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Consumer or Commercial Credit environment
- A member of AICM
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional responsibilities within the team as required
We are looking to engage like-minded people who embody our values of:
Make it Happen – Be the Solution;
Be Brave – Speak Up; and
Better Together – Join Forces.
If you think you are up for the challenge and possess the above experience and embrace our values, please apply by submitting a covering letter outlining what interests you most about this role, how your experience matches the requirements of the role and what you would contribute to the Credit team at SWM (WA), along with a resume detailing your qualifications and experience.
Applications will close on Thursday, 10 June 2021.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend